At Mobile Mini, we’re particularly fond of our 10ft storage containers. These small shipping containers are perfect for small office moves or for storing inventory, records, unused office supplies, and equipment. Like all our portable storage units, the 10ft containers are durable, reliable, and designed to keep your commercial items safe and secure 24/7/365.
Portable Storage Needs
What Are 10ft Storage Containers?
Our 10ft storage containers are made from repurposed shipping containers. These steel beasts are designed to transport cargo across challenging waterways and rail lines. That means they’re virtually indestructible—and perfectly suited to storing your valuable business equipment and supplies.
At Mobile Mini, our 10ft storage containers fall into our “standard width” category and have the following dimensions:
- Internal: 7’ 8-1/2" W x 9’ 10-1/2" L x 7’ 10-1/4" H
- External: 8’ W x 10’ L x 8’ 6" H
- Volume: 598 cubic feet (Interior), 680 cubic feet (Exterior)
There is plenty of room to accommodate your small commercial storage needs. And as an added perk, these small storage containers fit into the width of a standard parking space, which means that you can easily store your unit on-site without taking up too much space.
When to Choose a 10ft Shipping Container: Most Common Uses
The most common uses for these small storage containers include:
- Small Equipment Storage: Whether you're managing a construction site, landscaping job, or municipal project, our 10ft containers are great for storing small equipment during lulls in work or inclement weather.
- Inventory Storage: Retail businesses love to use our 10ft storage containers to keep high-value inventory safe and out of the way. Many of our retail customers use them to sort through inventory that doesn’t fit or belong in stockrooms or on the sales floor.
- Record and Document Storage: Paper takes up more space than people initially realize, and our 10ft containers are perfect for storing important documents that you wouldn’t want lost, damaged, or stolen.
- Seasonal Supplies: Seasonal supplies can quickly move from essential to cumbersome as their time of the year comes and goes. Our retail and hospitality customers love these units because they provide a place to offload unused and seasonal supplies to an area that doesn’t take up valuable kitchen, lobby, or stockroom space.
- Small Office Moves: Office moves can be stressful, but we like to think that our 10ft shipping containers make things a bit less stressful. With portability built into their initial design, it’s easy to load these units up and move them to your new location.