When it comes to portable storage units, not all containers are created equal.
Our 40ft storage containers are our storage warriors. These units offer enough storage space for medium to large-sized jobs, giving you the strength and versatility to protect your most valuable commercial equipment and supplies. And since they’re made from corrugated steel, our 40ft shipping containers are virtually indestructible.
If you’re thinking about renting a 40ft container, you’ve come to the right place. We have all the information you need to assess how they can help you, your team, and your business.
What Is a 40ft Container?
40ft storage containers are one unit type with many names. At Mobile Mini, we commonly refer to these units as 40ft containers and 40ft shipping containers. No matter what you call them, 40ft storage containers are standalone portable storage units that give you the storage space to house the construction equipment, documents and records, and other business supplies that keep your daily operations in check.
All of the storage units at Mobile Mini are repurposed shipping containers. Our 40ft storage containers have shed their maritime past, but have kept their existing portability, strength, and durability. Like shipping containers, our 40ft units are designed to move, giving you the freedom to store commercial goods across multiple project sites without worrying about structural or physical integrity.
Why Choose a 40-Foot Shipping Container?
A better question is, why wouldn’t you choose a 40ft shipping container to handle your commercial storage needs? When it comes to our standard-width storage units, it doesn’t get bigger than our 40-foot shipping containers. These units work best for medium to large storage jobs and can easily house construction equipment and other commercial supplies that have standard widths and dimensions.
One of the best and most convenient aspects of our 40ft storage containers is that we have designed these units to fit within the confines of a standard parking space. This means that you can easily house your storage unit on-site without taking up valuable space and commercial square footage.
Got oversized items? No problem! Check out our inventory of extra-wideunits to tackle those storage jobs.
Our 40ft storage containers have the following dimensions:
Our 40-foot shipping containers can store just about anything, but the most common uses for these units include the storage of:
- Automotive parts and equipment
- High-value inventory
- Records and documents
- Construction equipment and supplies
- Medical supplies
- Educational supplies
- Agriculture supplies
- Landscaping tools
- Excess or unused inventory
- Janitorial supplies
So, we’ve covered what people tend to put into our 40ft containers, but now let’s talk about who uses these units.
Our 40-foot shipping containers are used by over 20 different industries, including:
- Hospitality Storage: Restaurants and hotels use our 40ft storage containers to store unused and seasonal equipment and decorations, furniture, office supplies, and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Retail Storage: Our retail customers use our 40ft shipping containers to store seasonal and excess inventory, documents and records, seasonal decorations and promotional items, and unused equipment and storage displays.
- Construction Storage: We like to think that our 40ft containers were made for construction sites. Our construction clients use these units to house construction equipment, fragile and high-value supplies, tech, and other essential equipment.
- Medical Storage: Hospitals, clinics, and medical offices use our 40ft shipping containers to store emergency medical equipment, first response supplies, and personal protective equipment.
- Education Storage: Schools, colleges, and universities use our 40ft containers to store books, school supplies, tech, furniture, equipment, and other learning supplies right on-site.
Benefits of a 40ft Shipping Container
The top five benefits these storage containers bring with them include:
- 100% Secure: When it comes to your business, security is a top concern. Our 40 ft storage containers come standard with Mobile Mini’s patented tri-cam locking system. We designed this locking system to seamlessly integrate into our units, providing locks that cannot be cut, picked, hacked, or tampered with. These locks ensure that thieves stay out of your equipment and that the only way into your unit is with a key. Period.
- Fully Weatherproof: All of Mobile Mini’s portable storage units, including our 40ft containers, are 100% weatherproof and designed to withstand heavy rain and snow, intense wind, sleet, hail, and even natural disasters. Our units are moisture sealed, which means that water and condensation will stay away from your valuable supplies. They also come with a stable frame and durable exterior, so you never have to worry about your unit caving to Mother Nature.
- Highly Portable: Our 40-foot shipping containers are highly portable and can be easily transported from jobsite to jobsite. That’s great news for companies that work across multiple cities or states.