World Leader in Portable, Secure Storage
Mobile Mini Solutions has worked over 30 years to bring customers high quality products and services. Below are our key milestones from our inception in 1983 to today.
- 2017 – The company launched MMConnect™, an on-demand customer service portal, as part its commitment to providing world-class customer service solutions. The same year the company rebranded Evergreen Tank Solutions (ETS) and Water Movers Inc. (WMI) businesses and its flagship portable storage business under one family of brands, known as “Mobile Mini Solutions.”
- 2014 - Evergreen Tank Solutions and Water Movers Inc were acquired by Mobile Mini.
- 2013 - CEO and President Erik Olsson was appointed, giving Mobile Mini a new focus for the future along with 6 defining values including: Safety First, Integrity and Transparency, Empowering our People, Driving Results, Continuous Improvement, and Active Community Involvement. Our 7th defining value of Commitment to Customers was later added in 2016.
Ribbon Cutting Grand Opening of Mobile Mini's Headquarters 2015
- 2009-2010 - Mobile Mini restructured its sales model to refocus on in-market customer needs.
- 2008 - Mobile Mini merged with The Mobile Storage Group, making the fleet of units largest in the company's history.
- 2004 - Mobile Mini expanded internationally into the UK with the acquisition of Royal Wolf, making Mobile Mini a global corporation.
- National Storage Containers was purchased for $25 million — the first large acquisition — followed by an acquisition of GE's East Coast rental fleet, giving Mobile Mini a national presence.
- The company designed and patented the popular Tri-Cam Locking System®, providing customers with the best security in the container industry.
- The company changed its business model from a sales and manufacturing-focused company to a renting and marketing company.
- 1998 - Mobile Mini underwent its first acquisitions in Las Vegas and Oklahoma City.
- Mobile Mini experienced huge growth into new markets, including Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio.
- The company launched modular classrooms in Arizona and New Mexico markets, adding to the list of new products and services.
- The first “bi-cam locking system” — predecessor of Mobile Mini’s patented Tri-Cam Locking System® — was developed, providing better security for storage containers.
- A cargo storage container shortage encouraged leadership to begin manufacturing containers at our Phoenix location, including popular new container types that extended our product lines.
- 1994 - Mobile Mini had its initial public offering on February 25, 1994.
- 1986 - Mobile Mini began expanding along the West Coast in cities including Los Angeles and Tucson.
- 1983 - Mobile Mini Storage Systems was founded with a focus on selling storage containers to construction companies and manufacturers.