At Mobile Mini, our portable storage units keep your most valuable items safe, secure, and protected, so you can focus on what really matters. Our commercial portable storage containers are an affordable and reliable solution to all your company’s storage needs.
What Is a Portable Storage Container?
A portable storage container is a standalone storage container that is highly portable and can easily be moved to different locations as needed.
At Mobile Mini, our portable storage containers are made from repurposed shipping containers. In a previous life, these corrugated steel containers carried precious cargo through some of the world’s toughest terrains and waterways. Today, our portable storage containers bring the strength, durability, and reliability of shipping containers to your supplies and equipment, offering a convenient way to tackle your commercial storage demands.
When Do Portable Storage Units Make Sense?
Storage units can make a huge difference for your business. Some of their most common uses include:
- Construction and Municipal Projects: Construction sites and municipal worksites can be high-risk for delicate equipment, tech, and other less durable supplies. Portable storage units give you a secure place to store these materials and keep them safe from weather, theft, and accidental damage.
- Retail Spaces and Hospitality Sites: Restaurants, bars, hotels, and retail stores are always looking for ways to save space, giving their customers more square footage to shop, eat, and lounge. Portable storage containers provide a space to store seasonal inventory and equipment, surplus stock and supplies, and any other materials that are taking up valuable real estate. Portable storage containers also allow you to organize and track these supplies as you store them, creating more efficiency and less stress throughout the year.
- Business Expansion: When managing or growing a business, office space can sometimes feel like a luxury. Storage units give businesses a space to store equipment, supplies, and records, freeing up indoor areas without costly moves, renovations, or remodels.
Benefits of Commercial Portable Storage Containers
- Independence and Control: Portable storage units let you store on your own terms. Our storage containers allow you to decide where your unit is placed, making it easier to take things in and out. Most of our customers choose to keep their units on their property to have 24/7 access to their items.
- Portability: Our storage units are portable, making it easy to transfer them from location to location. This portability is a big draw for customers using their unit during a move or renovation or for commercial customers who need to take their unit from project to project. Note that Mobile Mini does not move filled units - we only transport them when empty.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Remodels are costly. Most portable storage unit models are not. They also free up space, allowing many businesses to avoid purchasing or renting more space to accommodate excess or unused equipment and supplies.
- Security: Portable storage units provide security from jobsite risks, weather, theft, damage, and anything else that could compromise your expensive and valuable equipment. All Mobile Mini storage units are fully weatherproof, made from 100% corrugated steel, and come with our patented tri-cam locking system, which offers industry-leading theft protection. Bottom Line?
Finding the Right-Sized Portable Storage Container for You and Your Business
We recommend going with a storage rental unit that will comfortably fit your equipment (always go with extra-wide if we are talking construction equipment) and gives you space to maneuver inside of the container. A rookie mistake is to go with a unit that just fits all needed supplies, but that leaves no room for anything else.
You want to be able to clearly be able to see what’s inside of your storage container without emptying it or moving things around. You also want to be able to comfortably move inside of the storage unit so you can safely remove and restock items as needed.
With over 90 configurations available and sizes ranging from standard to wide and extra-wide, we adapt to your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions: Portable Storage Container Edition
We may have covered some of these questions, but sometimes it’s just easier to see everything summarized in one convenient place. Keep reading; we’ve compiled this list of our customers’ most frequently asked questions about our storage rentals and inventory.
Do portable storage containers work for multiple industries?
Absolutely. When it comes to industries and sectors, our storage containers never play favorites. Mobile Mini is proud to serve over 20 industries and sectors, providing convenient, cost-effective storage solutions that meet even the toughest storage demands. Some of the industries that we work within include:
Are portable storage containers actually portable?
Very. Like we said, all of our portable storage containers are made from converted shipping containers. Our units are designed to move and can be transported across cities, towns, and states without suffering any structural damage.
While these units are portable, we do want to mention that each container weighs over a ton, so a truck and equipment are needed to get these units from Point A to Point B.
Will my supplies and equipment be secure the entire time they're stored inside of these units?
Yes. Our tri-cam locking system keeps thieves out of your storage unit and ensures that everything you pack into your container stays exactly where it’s supposed to. Our units are impossible to break into or compromise, giving you the peace of mind you need to store with confidence.
What about bad weather and natural disasters?
Our units aren’t just theft-proof. They’re also weatherproof. Made from corrugated steel—one of the strongest materials on earth—our portable storage containers can withstand heavy rains and wind, snow, ice, extreme heat, and natural disasters…you name it, our units can take it.
The Mobile Mini Difference
We began over 40 years ago with the belief that storage is an essential service. Today, our commitment to providing quality storage units is even stronger. Our rapid response times—most storage containers are delivered within one day of placed orders—combined with our record of safe, hassle-free delivery, has positioned us as a trusted and valued storage unit provider in even the most intense environments.
Life is hard enough. Storage doesn’t have to be. Let us take the stress and chaos out of your commercial storage needs!