What Is a Conex Box?
In the storage world, there are many ways to say “portable storage container,” and “conex box” is one of them. Conex boxes are made from industrial steel, which means they are strong, durable, and weather-proof. One of the big perks of using a conex box is their portability. These containers are designed to move, which means you can easily transport them wherever your needs take you. These units also lend themselves to customization, allowing you to install lighting, shelving, or climate control to meet your specific storage or jobsite needs.
Mobile Mini Storage Containers Provide:
- TOP SECURITY: Mobile Mini general purpose containers are durable closed-steel boxes mostly of either 20- or 40-foot (6 or 12m) length. Common heights are 8-feet 6-inches (2.6 m) and 9-feet 6-inches (2.9 m), or “High Cube” containers. With thick walls made of the strongest industrial-grade steel, these storage containers are tamper- and natural disaster-proof. This is key. Lock it up with us and you’ll never have to worry again.
- A COST-EFFECTIVE SOLUTION: Renting a Mobile Mini storage container is cost-effective, usually less than $3 per day or about $0.50 per square foot per month.
- ALL SIZES: Mobile Mini portable storage containers are great for retail, construction, job site equipment storage, auxiliary storage for power plants and even office swing space storage! We’ll help you quickly alleviate inventory problems and we’ll create more precious space for your business. Portable storage container solutions should be your business’s #1 problem-solver! It’s the cheapest and fastest way to adapt to changing space and inventory demands. Compared to leasing a new building or warehouse space, or moving a business, there’s no contest. Your company can take advantage of our on-site portable storage units including the big 20′ Standard container holding ~1,150 cubic feet; the bigger 40′ Standard holding ~2,400 cubic feet or the awesome 40′ High Cube holding ~2,700 cubic feet.
“All businesses have space needs, but it’s expensive to expand. Mobile Mini has your best solution! Reclaim your victory with adaptable, affordable and easy-to-access storage space.”
Chris Anderson, SVP Sales, Mobile Mini
Which Industries Use Portable Storage?
Conex Box Rentals You Can Rely On
At Mobile Mini, we have more conex box storage rental options than you ever knew you wanted or needed. From 10- to 20-foot models and everything in between, our rentals can meet just about any project need..
The Right Storage for Every Project
Here at Mobile Mini, we’re big believers in giving our customers a ton of storage options. When it comes to conex rentals, we have four sizes to choose from:
- 10-foot Conex Box Rentals: These 7' 8-1/2" W x 9' 10-1/2" L x 7' 10-1/4" H containers are perfect for smaller storage jobs like seasonal supplies, small equipment, and record boxes.
- 15-foot Conex Box Rentals: Like their slightly smaller sibling, our 15-foot conex box rentals are great for smaller jobs and come in at 7' 8-1/2" W x 14' 10-1/2" L x 7' 10-1/4" H.
- 20-foot Conex Box Rentals: Our 20-foot conex boxes are where things start to get interesting. These 7' 8-1/2" W x 19' 10-1/2" L x 7' 10-1/4" H containers are perfect for larger seasonal storage, construction projects, and remodeling.
- 40-foot Conex Box Rentals: You can’t get much bigger than our 40-foot conex box rentals. These 7' 8-1/2" W x 39' 10-1/2" L x 7' 10-1/4" H have an internal volume of 2,414 cubic feet and can handle your biggest and toughest storage jobs.
Our conex storage container rentals also come with door options, including single-entry, double-entry, standard, and premium or one-touch.
Security Is Our Middle Name
We take the security of your stored items very seriously. Our conex storage containers are made from 100% corrugated steel and are weather- and tamper-proof. No matter how big the storm or how hungry the critter, your goods will be safe and secure in our storage units. Our units also come with our patented tri-cam lock technology, which means that no one is getting into one of these units without a key or code.
Let Us Do the Heavy Lifting
Anyone can rent you a conex box, but few can do it like us. When you go with Mobile Mini for your next conex box rental, you get an award-winning team of 24/7 support from rental to pick-up. Once you have selected your unit, we’ll get everything delivered and set up, usually within one day. When you’re done with your unit, just give us a call; we will come and pick everything up, leaving your space looking as good as new. Contact us today and see why we lead the industry in safety and customer satisfaction!
Quick Tips For Renting A Portable Conex Storage Container
Your delivery fee will be based on mileage. How far is your property from the storage container site?
Timing of your delivery. Mobile Mini guarantees fast and reliable pick-up and delivery with advanced notice. Most deliveries happen within 24-72 hours. Even same-day delivery and pick-up is possible per availability. Express Pickup and delivery service options are available at times upon request with an expedited delivery fee.
It’s important to know if a permit is required for temporary storage. Usually, it depends on whether there are any regulations and if your property is located in an urban or rural area. It’s always recommended to check with your local authorities ahead of time. Common city permit requirements include a 90-day maximum on your property and placement of the unit 5- to 15-feet away from your property line.
For a 20-foot storage container, you’ll usually need 75 feet of straight clearance. 40-foot containers, more like 100 feet. For most containers, you’ll need a minimum of 12 feet of width clearance and 20 feet of overhead clearance. The truck and trailer weigh over 30,000 lbs. Remember to communicate if your site is at ground level, on a concrete pad, a paved road and if the site is prone to flooding. You’ll want to make sure you have enough room for semi-truck access. Communication in advance with the driver is recommended. This will allow for the driver to communicate with a site contact about delivery timing, access to facility entrance and if there are any delays or unexpected setbacks.