Trains, apartments, and now storage—tunnel-shaped objects have been improving our lives for centuries! They offer a simple, functional space that is easy to enter, navigate, and exit. At Mobile Mini, our tunnel containers provide the ultimate storage experience, offering a safe, secure, and functional way to keep your most valuable commercial items protected and organized 24/7.
We’ve been living and breathing storage for over three decades, but we understand that others may not be as steeped in knowledge as we are. That’s why we’ve put together this helpful guide—to help you decide whether storage tunnels are for you and your business.
What Is a Tunnel Container?
Let’s start with semantics. Shipping container tunnels, tunnel containers, storage tunnels, and double door shipping containers are terms used for shipping containers with doors on both ends.
Tunnel containers look and function a lot like your standard storage container—with one notable difference: doors on…well…both ends of the unit. This added functionality makes storage tunnels great for those who need to access their unit often or will be regularly loading and unloading equipment and machinery.
Benefits of Tunnel Storage
Tunnel containers are unique. As we mentioned above, the double-sided access tunnel storage units provide is a pretty big perk, but believe us, there’s more.
One of the primary benefits of tunnel storage is that these units are highly portable and easy to move from location to location. If you rent with Mobile Mini and need your unit moved from one site to another, there’s no hassle, stress, or logistics involved. Simply empty your unit, schedule a pick-up; our team will collect your unit and bring it wherever it’s needed next.
Outside of portability, benefits of tunnel containers include:
- Faster loading and unloading long or unusually shaped objects.
- Ability to enter and exit your unit without having to twist, turn, or change position while carrying large and heavy items.
- The ability to use forklifts and other motorized devices to load and unload your unit.
When you rent from Mobile Mini, you get some additional benefits like:
- Weatherproof Units: Our shipping container tunnels are all made from corrugated steel—one of the strongest and most durable metals on earth. One of the greatest benefits of corrugated steel is that it’s naturally weatherproof and able to withstand strong winds, harsh rains, and even the most intense natural disasters.
- Support: Mobile Mini has been around for a long time, and during our decades in operation we have perfected the art of customer service. Our award-winning customer support team is always on hand to coordinate service, troubleshoot issues, and provide assistance.
- Secure Units. Storage without security can be a major headache. At Mobile Mini, our premium double door shipping containers come with our tri-cam security devices. These patented bars and locking systems hinge and interlock in multiple places, offering a secure close that’s virtually theft-proof.
Tunnel Container Storage Essentials
At Mobile Mini, we’re always looking for ways to enhance and improve our offerings. With Essentials, we’ve created a one-stop shop for commercial storage and jobsite add-ons. Our storage, mobile office, and jobsite packages give you everything you need to optimize our inventory and get the most out of your rental.
In short, Essentials makes our products safer, more functional, and more user-friendly. Packages include:
- Office furniture and appliances
- And so much more…
Better yet, you can place your Essentials order right alongside the rest of your Mobile Mini products, allowing you to have everything delivered at the same time in one convenient package.
Why Choose a Shipping Container With Doors on Both Ends?
A better question here would be, “Why not?” Double door shipping containers offer a ton of benefits, ranging from portability and durability to utility and function. When compared to standard shipping containers, tunnel containers allow you to enter, exit, load, and unload your storage containers easier and more safely than other types of units. Tunnel containers are also adaptable to any and all verticals, giving you the ability to keep even the most extreme and unruly jobsite organized, safe, and efficient.
If you’ve been considering renting a shipping container with doors on both ends, there’s never been a better time to pull the trigger. At Mobile Mini, we’ll do everything we can to ensure your tunnel storage rental is as convenient, stress-free, and streamlined as humanly possible.
Looking for more than tunnel storage containers? Mobile Mini also stocks a range of mobile office units, standard and extra-wide storage containers, and jobsite equipment, offering our customers everything they need to maintain a safe, productive, and efficient operation.
Life is better when you know where everything goes. Check out our site today and see how easy commercial storage can be!