As COVID-19 continues to change our world, on-site storage containers are filling new needs and taking on greater uses. Schools are using on-site storage containers to house equipment and accommodate hybrid learning and social distancing guidelines. Restaurants are responding to decreased capacity by storing unused equipment outside.
As always, Mobile Mini is here to provide reliable, safe storage solutions to help you navigate this new normal.
What Is Shipping Container Storage?
They’re basically standard shipping containers! While they may seem like an odd choice for storage, container storage units are naturally strong, as they’re used to carrying cargo across the world on trains and ships. They’re also almost impossible to damage or destroy. These containers are designed to keep valuable goods safe and intact through long and arduous journeys, so imagine how secure your business supplies and equipment will be.
Is a Standard Shipping Container Right for Me?
Shipping container storage units work well across a wide range of industries and businesses, including:
- Construction and municipal companies
- Finance and tech companies
- Retail businesses
- Schools and universities
- Agriculture and government operations
Of course, we don’t want to box you in. Our storage container rentals can meet almost any need you throw at them.
When to Consider Shipping Container Storage
Container storage units have many functions and can store almost any item you can think of. Some of their most common uses include:
- Festivals and Community Events: Storage containers are perfect for keeping equipment and supplies safe overnight
- Construction and Municipal Projects: Keeping high-value commercial inventory, equipment, and supplies out while sites are unattended or during inclement weather can end up costing tens of thousands of dollars in damage. Shipping container storage lets you keep these items safe and secure in any conditions, avoiding risks of theft and damage.
- Schools and Universities: Schools are often looking for ways to save space so that all available classrooms can be used for faculty and students. Shipping container storage can house unused janitorial equipment, school tech, and supplies, saving space and creating opportunities to use all available square footage for academic activities.
Other uses include storing:
- Seasonal supplies
- Small equipment
- Record boxes
- Landscaping tools
Standard width shipping containers meet most commercial needs. Still unsure of which unit to choose? Just reach out and we’ll help you pick the best storage solution for your needs.
Benefits of Standard Shipping Containers
We’ve covered some of these already, but shipping container storage has many benefits, including:
- Durability: Have you ever tried to damage steel? It’s next to impossible. Shipping container storage is strong and will keep your items safe in any weather and outdoor conditions. Keeping your unit on an active jobsite? Not an issue. These containers are designed to withstand flying debris and any other hazards they encounter. Your items will stay dry and intact no matter what.
- Portability: Shipping containers are designed to move easily from location to location. This means that shipping container storage units can be easily transported from location to location, which is great for businesses that will be using their storage across multiple jobsites, locations, or cities.
- Affordability: Renting a container storage unit is much less expensive than replacing damaged equipment that has been left outside or lost to theft. It’s also cheaper than buying; renting a shipping container storage unit costs, on average, less than $5 a day, whereas buying a unit can cost you upwards of $7,000. Together, these savings can be life-changing for your business.
Standard Shipping Container: The Secure Choice
When storing your personal items or equipment, security is key. Whether you’re moving homes, hosting a large-scale event, or upgrading your work space, when you rent an on-site storage container, you expect the best.
At Mobile Mini, we appreciate the trust you’re placing in us when you choose us to manage your storage container rental. All Mobile Mini storage containers come with a patented tri-cam locking system, ensuring that no one is getting into our units without a key. Our storage shipping containers are also weather-proof and withstand even the toughest storms.
At Mobile Mini, our storage container rentals come with three door options: single-entry, standard, and premium.
- Single-Entry: Our single-entry doors are designed for commercial sites or large residential moves. Think of these as barn doors; they open wider than standard doors and allow you to use almost the entire width of your storage unit to get equipment and larger furniture items safely inside.
- Standard Doors: These look like regular doors and work well for basic storage needs.
- Premium Doors: Our premium doors open easily with one hand to optimize the ease and convenience of entering your unit.
The Mobile Mini Difference
Storage is essential. This principle has always been a guiding force for our company, and we remained very much centered on this belief. Today, our commitment to providing responsive, quality storage units at times when they’re needed most is even stronger.
We know that storage needs tend to be urgent matters. Most of our on-site shipping containers are delivered within one day of you placing your order. Our customer service team has a leading record of safe, hassle-free delivery, so you can rest assured that your unit will be ready-to-go when you need it most.
From rental to pick-up, we’ve got your back.