Increasing & Managing Your Ecommerce Inventory
When you’re running an ecommerce business, inventory can get tricky. Your business may live in the virtual world, but the products you sell are tangible and real. These goods take up space, and that’s where Mobile Mini comes in. We have everything you need to manage your ecommerce storage needs. From storage containers to extra-wide storage units, there’s not much we can’t do.
What Is Ecommerce Storage?
Over the past 40 years, ecommerce has gone from a niche industry to one of the largest sectors in the world. It’s projected that within the next year, online sales will account for 22% of global retail sales. That’s a whole lot of products!
Ecommerce storage answers a critical question many business owners ask: “Where do I keep my products while I wait for orders to come in?”
Our storage units have become indispensable to ecommerce sellers nationwide because they provide a safe, secure space to house inventory and tech while business owners fulfill orders and get everything shipped out.
As ecommerce businesses continue to grow, ecommerce storage is a great way to keep inventory safe and organized. It reduces the risk of loss or damage and helps ensure that orders are fulfilled efficiently and correctly. It’s the (not so) secret weapon you never knew you needed.
When Should You Use Ecommerce Storage?
We’re going to go with always. But in all seriousness, if you own an ecommerce business, chances are ecommerce storage is for you.
When you’re fulfilling orders and increasing inventory, things can go from orderly to out of control pretty quickly. Ecommerce storage solutions provide you with the extra space you need to create your own stockroom. Whether you’re fulfilling 100 orders a day or 1,000, you’ll have the space you need to grow your business in a sustainable and orderly way.
We recommend asking the following questions:
- Do you have inventory that exceeds the space available in your home or office?
- Are you selling multiple types of products that must be kept separate?
- Do you often find fulfillment challenging or chaotic due to a lack of space and/or organization capacity?
- Do you struggle with maintaining order among your shipping supplies, inventory, and records?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, ecommerce storage may be the game-changer you’ve been looking for.
The Many Benefits of Ecommerce Storage Rental
When you think of ecommerce, storage is probably not the first thing that comes to mind. But while ecommerce inventory storage needs may be overlooked at the beginning of a new venture, we can promise that storage will soon be on your mind.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Organization Is Key: When it comes to inventory, you can never be too organized. Storage containers give you a portable space to sort through your inventory, get organized, and streamline packing, shipping, and dispatching orders.
- Grow Into Your Space: The benefit of renting an ecommerce storage container is that you can easily change units as you outgrow them. Mobile Mini has storage units to meet any inventory need, from 10-foot units to 40-foot, extra-wide containers. No matter what your inventory includes, our storage containers are up to the task.
- Don’t Forget About Your Records: Your business may be online, but the documents and records related to your company are usually housed in the non-virtual world. Records can quickly grow from manageable to chaos, but our record storage units—which can be outfitted with shelves and brackets—offer a secure space to organize and sort through your most important documents.
- Rent or Buy: When it comes to ecommerce storage, buying a unit can be a costly investment and often doesn’t include repairs, maintenance, and relocation needs. While renting is usually your best bet, here are a few benefits of renting an ecommerce storage unit to help you decide what works best for your business:
- Flexibility: When you rent an ecommerce storage unit, you’re not locked into a specific size or customization forever. You may start with a 10-foot unit and then realize you need a 25-foot container three months later. When you rent, changes like these are no big deal. When you buy...well, things can get more complicated.
- Service Is Included: When you rent your ecommerce storage unit from Mobile Mini, you get access to customer support, maintenance and repair services if you need them, and free delivery, installation, pick-up, and unit relocation. When you buy, you’re on your own. When you rent, you’ve got a team of storage experts behind you.
When we started this company over 30 years ago, we wanted to be the best and most convenient storage provider out there. Essentials is a continuation of that mission, offering our customers the equipment they need to make the most out of their storage rentals. Packages include:
- Lighting: Proper storage lighting allows you to load, unload, and access your storage unit day or night and even in dimly lit conditions. Lighting also limits the risks of personal injury or of inadvertently damaging your stored supplies, enhancing the functionality and accessibility of your storage unit.
- Shelving: Shelving is sort of the ultimate storage accessory. With proper shelves, you are able to easily see what’s in your unit, giving you and your team an easy way to keep your unit organized and clean. Shelves also provide space to separate lighter or more fragile items from the rest of your equipment, ensuring that each piece of equipment has its proper space.
- Locks: Let’s face it, a storage unit without locks is pretty useless—especially when it houses your most valuable and essential business items. Extra locks give you the peace of mind you need to store with confidence and ensure that thieves have no access to your unit, your stuff, or anything else related to your commercial storage.
Mobile Mini: The Secure Option
At Mobile Mini, we take security seriously. All of our rental units come with our patented security devices that hinge and interlock in multiple places, giving you theft-proof protection when you need it most. These drill-proof locks will keep your inventory secure, no matter what. Our ecommerce storage units are built to withstand anything Mother Nature can throw at them.
Inventory is challenging. Storage shouldn’t be. Check us out today and see what we can do for your business!