In the world of portable storage units, the 20ft storage container tends to reign supreme. It’s useful, dependable, and perfect for most basic storage needs.
At Mobile Mini, we like to think that our 20ft shipping containers up the game. Our 20ft storage containers give you 1,240 cubic feet of storage volume, tackling all your storage needs in one reliable place.
While we can go on about the 20-foot shipping container all day, let’s start with the basics: What are these units, and how can they help your business?
What Is a 20ft Container?
Containers tend to go by many names. Here at Mobile Mini, we like to call them 20ft storage containers and 20ft shipping containers. They’re portable storage units that give you 20ft of space to store commercial equipment and supplies.
Mobile Mini only stocks portable storage units made from converted shipping containers. When you rent with us, you’re getting a unit designed to move cargo worldwide and keep products safe, secure, and intact through challenging—and sometimes perilous—journeys.
All of our 20ft storage containers are highly portable and can be easily transported from site to site, usually fitting within a standard parking space. This means that our 20ft shipping containers can be housed on-site without taking away valuable space and commercial square footage.
Why Choose a 20ft Shipping Container?
If you have standard-size commercial storage needs (small-medium storage demands), chances are the 20ft shipping container is for you. Our 20ft containers fall within the range of our standard-width storage units.
Now, you may be wondering: “What can I actually store in these units?”
The short answer: Pretty much anything. Our 20ft storage containers are designed to house a wide range of products, giving you the flexibility you need to meet all of your storage demands.
Most of our customers use these units to store items like:
- Seasonal supplies
- Excess or unused inventory
- Small commercial equipment
- Janitorial supplies
- Landscaping tools
- Medical supplies
- High-value inventory
- Records and documents
While Mobile Mini serves all industries, the most common uses for our 20ft shipping containers include:
- Construction Storage: Equipment and supplies, documents and records, and fragile or weather-sensitive items and materials.
- Hospitality Storage: Unused or seasonal equipment, documents and records, personal protective equipment, or other Covid-related safety items.
- Retail Storage: Unused or seasonal inventory or documents and records that have outgrown indoor space.
Benefits of a 20ft Shipping Container
As we’ve mentioned, our 20ft storage containers come with many benefits, but if we had to select the top four, they would be:
- Fully Weatherproof: Our 20ft containers are made from corrugated steel, one of the toughest materials on earth. Corrugated steel is also naturally weatherproof, which means these units can withstand even the heaviest snow and rain, fiercest winds, and most intense natural disasters.
- They’re Secure: All of our storage units, including our 20ft shipping containers, come standard with our tri-cam locking system. These locks are virtually impossible to cut, pick, hack, or tamper with; they’re virtually theft-proof.
- They’re Portable: Since these units used to be shipping containers, they can be transported without any risk to their structural integrity and are perfect for storage jobs across multiple project sites.